East Atlanta Neighborhood, Atlanta, Georgia
East Atlanta is one of the numerous neighborhoods in the city. It has Moreland Avenue at the Western border, Interstate 20 at the north and Clifton road at the east. It extends southeast approximately along boulder crest and flat shoals until fayetteville road.
The neighborhood, which was rated as the 3rd hottest neighborhood in 27 cities by Redfin Corp, is becoming an attractive place for lots of people due to some obvious reasons which includes the trendy restaurants, bars and other amenities that make life in the neighborhood great and inspiring.
The major inhabitants of the area before the arrival of the colonists were Creek Native American people. It was not until the forceful removal of the Creek in 1820s did American citizens started acquisition of lands through Georgia land lotteries. During the civil war, East Atlanta was at the center of the notorious Battle of Atlanta. After the war, East Atlanta recovered rather quickly and has developed tremendously to become one of the hottest neighborhoods in the city.
In East Atlanta, there are a number of events that are sure to offer fun moments and create lasting memories. Here are some of the major ones:
- East Atlanta craft beer festival – this is a one day event held the third weekend in May at brown Wood Park. This festival includes over 230 beers from all regions of the planet, music and food from diverse vendors.
- East Atlanta strut – it is a one day neighborhood annual East Atlanta festival which is held on the third Saturday in September and features parade, live music, art, food and events. It is held to raise funds for schools, senior programs and neighbors in need. It also highlights businesses in East Atlanta village.
- East Atlanta twilight criteria – it is a day of bicycle races and is held in East Atlanta Village and surrounding residential streets every August.
- Eva farmers market – it’s a non-profit farmers market held every other Thursday evening from August to December.
East Atlanta has a host of Schools which are in the Atlanta Public Schools system. Nearby charter school alternatives are also available. Some choice schools include Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School, Wesley International Academy and Burgess Peterson Academy (it’s one of the highest rated schools in East Atlanta).
BARS AND RESTAURANTS
East Atlanta has bars and restaurants that offer exquisite menus and assorted drinks at reasonable prices. Here are some of the major ones:
- The Earl – The Earl hosts both local and national bands for its customers to enjoy as they drink. There are also a wide range of delicious food such as burgers, sandwiches, salads and bar snacks.
- The midway pub – it has a large beer section and a delicious menu. It offers daily specials, bunch a late night menu served between 11pm and 2pm. It also hosts events such as birthday and anniversary parties.
- 529 Bar – They host live music acts six nights a week, specifically young talent and touring acts from Australia
- Ilounge – it comprises of a club and a lounge. It has a beautiful setting which allows guests to have the pleasure they deserve.
Life in East Atlanta can be magical. With its beautiful culture and lifestyle, the neighborhood is a place not just to be but to live.